Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sisters

My little sister Katie and I grew up about 3 years apart and looking back, I feel bad for my mother. Katie and I had some fun times thats for sure! Playing in the barn, on our ginormous swing set Dad made for us, sledding down our hill in the winter. But, more often than getting along, we fought like cats and dogs. I tried to act like her mother and she did everything she could to get under my skin. She was a pro at it! I swear she took some AP class in elementary called "Driving Your Older Sister Bonkers: The Extreme Approach".

As kids it was more so picking at each other, slapping each other, and lipping off to one another. In high school (I was a senior, she was a freshman) it developed into stealing my clothes, stealing my favorite Cool Water perfume (it was cool back then--don't judge), and beating the heck out of one another with our backpacks. I had a car though and would make her ride the bus...she'd go behind mom and dad's back and get a ride with some older boy. I never won!
As time has gone on though and we have grown up, the despise, hate, and picking at each other has blossomed into friendship, a strong bond, and many good times. I don't know where I'd be without her. She has bailed me out a lot in the last few years and been there for me when I had no one else. She was my maid of honor at my wedding and gave the most touching speech that I laughed and cried at and will never forget. She is my buddy on most weekends and hangs out with me a lot on week nights since I've been home by myself a lot lately. I don't know what I will do without her when I move. She is probably the person whom I will miss most.

I am so glad to say that I have built such a strong relationship with all of my siblings. In the end, family will always be family and you just can't get rid of them. I wouldn't want to anyway!

These two little girlies are just over a year apart. From what I saw, they get along really well and were hugging each other and having so much fun together! Hopefully it lasts as long as possible for their mom and dad! Be sure to check back soon for family shots!


Another one of my new vintage edits...like or not??? Leave me a comment and let me know! :)

3 comments:

Linz January 14, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I love the way you edited the top photo. It's got just enough vignette to really move the eye.

Also, who didn't wear Cool Water? Man that stuff was the bomb.

Amy January 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Haahaa! Cool water was the bomb! So was hugo for girls...still one of my favs! :) Thanks for the compliment Linz!

Ashley January 18, 2010 at 3:23 AM  

Soo cute! I like the 2nd to the last one. They are just sittin' there, chillin', chattin' away :)

About Amy

I love to make wishes on falling stars, bday candles, at 11:11, and on fallen eye lashes. You could say I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, and maybe a little bit corny. I like to be different and I feel that I see life through a different lens than most others. I tend to find beauty in everything. I feel like I'm fullfilling my purpose as a photographer when I can see and feel emotion and then create a lasting memory out of it. I've always been very creative. I watch people and when I see these beautiful moments, nothing makes me more happy than to freeze them in time.

I am extremely passionate about what I do, and I can't wait to meet you.


Facebook Badge

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP