Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From the bottom of my ♥

...I want to say thank you again to everyone who voted for me in the contest I was recently entered. I won a free mentoring session with Courtney of Courtney Brooke Photography out of SLC. I am so excited to go and learn from this fantastic colleague! All of your comments were super duper touching and I even appreciate all of the "thumbs up" I got on my photo! Again, I am extremely blessed to be doing something that I absolutely adore and it's all because of you guys, my wonderful family and friends, and my very amazing husband. Life is the best it's ever been and that says a lot because I've had a very satisfying life up until now. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

As a reminder I will be out of the office all day tomorrow and most of Thursday as I am traveling back to Omaha via AmTrak. I am so excited to take the train, except for the fact that they don't have WIFI! :( I will respond to emails, phone messages, and Facebook messages by week end. Stay tuned for some fabulous scenery photos from my train ride!

Also, if there is any last minute interest out there, I can probably take 2 more shoots while I'm back. Message me ASAP to reserve a spot. I still can't believe I have as many booked as I do!

I leave you with a before and after photo. I have had a lot of people ask me lately about what kind of camera I use, what lenses I own, and what program I edit in. I have a Nikon d300s, I own a variety of lenses but my favorite is my Nikkor 17-55mm 2.8, and I edit most of my photos in Photoshop and sometimes Lightroom. No doubt I have some fantastic equipment that allows me to get creative while shooting, but I really enjoy editing. A lot of photographers don't because of how time consuming it is (there will be an upcoming post on this soon) but I really do. And I'm so happy to have finally found an editing style that fits what I want. I love bright colors, you can definitely see that in my work, and every once in a while I'll throw in a little vintage flare. I have no problem sharing my equipment with you and shooting techniques, but as much as I love you all, I can't share my secret edit recipe's. They are what make me and my style my own. Have a fantastic rest of the week!



XO
{A}






Before

After

0 comments:

About Amy

I love to make wishes on falling stars, bday candles, at 11:11, and on fallen eye lashes. You could say I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, and maybe a little bit corny. I like to be different and I feel that I see life through a different lens than most others. I tend to find beauty in everything. I feel like I'm fullfilling my purpose as a photographer when I can see and feel emotion and then create a lasting memory out of it. I've always been very creative. I watch people and when I see these beautiful moments, nothing makes me more happy than to freeze them in time.

I am extremely passionate about what I do, and I can't wait to meet you.


Facebook Badge

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP