Friday, March 26, 2010

Super Excited!

I am soooo excited for this weekend! Like UBER excited! In the words of my photog friend Ashley McCarty, "Happy Dance, Happy Dance" excited!!!
So I've lived in Utah for almost a month now and my photography business, as I'd expected, has started a little slow. I am being patient though because when I first started out in Omaha (March 09), I'd have 1-2 shoots for the first few months. But by the end of the summer (Aug 09) I had had 12 shoots and wanted to pull my hair out because I was so busy! 12 shoots plus working 45 hrs per week at my full time job was CA-RAZY!
So here I am starting over...common'...where you at Utah? Just kiddin! Patience Amy, patience! I have an exciting special coming up for my Utah followers. So back to why I am so excited...after this weekend I will have enough photography to keep me busy for a couple of weeks. How is this possible?
Number 1--Because today I have a senior shoot with the lovely Sara from Carbon High! YIPPIEE!! I haven't had a girl senior shoot in ages!!! So excited!!!

Number 2--Because tomorrow is my first ever workshop! I have been looking forward to attending this workshop for a little over 2 months. In putting on her first ever workshop, she only took a small small small group of us and it sold out in a matter of hours. I get to learn from my most favorite photographer on the planet and she is right here in Utah! She, is also known as Brooke Kinsey. Brooke is the owner of Blush Photography out of the SLC area. Check out her work. It is fantastic...it blows my mind! I am so moved by her images! They are beautiful and the moods and attitudes of each picture is totally feel-able (another new word I made up) to me. I could look at her pictures for hours and never get tired of it! The workshop is called "With Rapture" and we will be learning not only about camera basics and lighting, but also about how to interact with our clients and evoking passion. Passion--look at her images. Lot's of passion that's for sure. I am super excited to learn from her and I can't wait to apply all of this to my own clients! Stay tuned!!
Number 3--I still have photos to finish up from Josh and Heele's wedding
Number 4--I got a new camera and lens! Yay, yAY, YAY!!!!!!!
And because a post is never really fun without a photo, here are some cutie pictures I got from little Jacob's 1st birthday shoot

His big sister Morgan had to get in on the fun too!

1 comments:

Aaron [air] March 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I am beyond excited for you! I hope you have an amazing time and learn so much!

About Amy

I love to make wishes on falling stars, bday candles, at 11:11, and on fallen eye lashes. You could say I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, and maybe a little bit corny. I like to be different and I feel that I see life through a different lens than most others. I tend to find beauty in everything. I feel like I'm fullfilling my purpose as a photographer when I can see and feel emotion and then create a lasting memory out of it. I've always been very creative. I watch people and when I see these beautiful moments, nothing makes me more happy than to freeze them in time.

I am extremely passionate about what I do, and I can't wait to meet you.


Facebook Badge

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP