Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Woots & Boots

So as I type this I am balled up on the couch in my little cave, a.k.a. the living room. I am sick. Stuffy, running nose, sneezing, tons of pressure on my chest, bloodshot eyes, more sneezing, coughing, and because my immunity is down....cold sores on the right corner of my lip. Gross I know! But it's almost bittersweet. Just to give you a visual, our living room is in the back of the house and when you first enter the room there is a sliding patio door on your left and right side. They are straight across from each other. I love them because no matter what time of day, there is always lots of beautiful natural light shinning in through one or the other. Today is a different story. Today the blinds are closed on both sides. My little cave is cozy and dark. Two yummy scented candles are sitting on opposite ends of the couch and giving off a soothing, warm glow. In front of me is a 48'' (I think its 48) Vizio that is allowing me to get caught up on season two of Dexter. GLORIOUS!!! I have my Ruby Red Grapefruit juice glass and a mug of tasty hot tea on the end table next to me. That's right! I'm double fistin it. Cuz that's how I role! A Pottery Barn magazine lends a friendly hand in giving me ideas of new decorating ideas. And my two pups are here cuddled up next to me. I have to move them around every so often because 1. I'm freezing and need them to be laying on top of me to warm me up. Just a little tip for ya, puppies make fantastic little heaters! Or 2. I am having a hot flash and they are way too much on top of the running furnace and layers of furry blankets. And what's on my mind? I'm wondering if I will be able to actually taste the homemade chicken noodle soup I will be eating for super tonight.

Now that you have a visual of where I am at today, this leads me to my latest edition of Woots and Boots...
Woots:

Window blinds--obviously!!

I never thought I'd say this...Xbox Live (it's my husbands addiction, not mine). But because we have Xbox Live that means we can have Netflix streaming into our t.v. 24 hrs a day. That's how I'm getting my Dexter fix!

Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Enchantment tea- YUM

My puppies- for making me feel better at my worst.

Boots:

Germs, viruses, whatever the nasty things are in the world that make people sick!

Cold sores--I've gotten them since I was little (I'd love to sue the person who kissed me and passed them on) and whenever I get sick and my immunity is down they tend to pop up. Not a pretty sight!

Broken water pipes--we have one and that's another story!

Just a preview of Sara, a beautiful, fun, and amazing senior I shot last weekend! Happy Hump Day!




1 comments:

Linz March 31, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

I hope you feel better soon!

About Amy

I love to make wishes on falling stars, bday candles, at 11:11, and on fallen eye lashes. You could say I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, and maybe a little bit corny. I like to be different and I feel that I see life through a different lens than most others. I tend to find beauty in everything. I feel like I'm fullfilling my purpose as a photographer when I can see and feel emotion and then create a lasting memory out of it. I've always been very creative. I watch people and when I see these beautiful moments, nothing makes me more happy than to freeze them in time.

I am extremely passionate about what I do, and I can't wait to meet you.


Facebook Badge

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP