Thursday, March 18, 2010

By Popular Demand....


"Dump" Chili (Because you dump it all in)


1-1.5 pounds of ground meat (I used pork)1 clove of garlic minced
1 small onion chopped (I used a yellow onion and only half of it)
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 cups of diced red tomatoes (I used a large can from the store)1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of corn
2-3 tbsp of chili powder
2 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp of pepper
1 tbsp of oregano
1 cup of chicken broth (I boiled a chicken breast in a little more than a cup of water because I was out of broth and then diced the chicken and threw that in too.


Brown the meat, garlic, and onion. When done dump the mixture into crock pot. In no particular order dumb all other ingredients into the crock pot as well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serves 4-6.


This chili even looked beautiful! I will definitely make it again in the fall!

"Even Better" Cheddar Bay Biscuits

2 C Bisquick
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2/3 C milk
2 tbsp butter
2 C shredded cheddar cheese (we didn't have cheddar so we used colby jack)


Mix all ingredients together and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.


Melt 1/4 C of margarine or butter and 1/4 tsp of garlic in the microwave and brush the top of the finished biscuits with the mixture. Makes 8-10 large biscuits.


I thought these were better than Red Lobster!!!

0 comments:

About Amy

I love to make wishes on falling stars, bday candles, at 11:11, and on fallen eye lashes. You could say I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic, and maybe a little bit corny. I like to be different and I feel that I see life through a different lens than most others. I tend to find beauty in everything. I feel like I'm fullfilling my purpose as a photographer when I can see and feel emotion and then create a lasting memory out of it. I've always been very creative. I watch people and when I see these beautiful moments, nothing makes me more happy than to freeze them in time.

I am extremely passionate about what I do, and I can't wait to meet you.


Facebook Badge

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP